Hi! This tutorial for the Quilted Heart Coaster was one I originally shared over at Wally and Grace. I love making coasters… They’re fairly quick projects that are great for using up scraps and for upcycling, and they also make great gifts! Make a couple coasters, buy a pretty mug and add some tea bags (or coffee), and voilà! You have a fun gift. Continue reading “Tutorial: Quilted Heart Coaster”
Hi! I’m guest posting over at Wally and Grace today. We’re actually doing a guest post swap! She created a cute garden flag tutorial which you can see a peek of below. For my tutorial, I created a fairly simple coaster using, what else, felt! I ♥ felt. Head on over to check out the tutorial and sew yourself (or a loved one) a pretty coaster just in time for Valentine’s Day! I promise it doesn’t take long at all!
Here’s a little peek at the tutorial Amy (of Wally and Grace) created. Click on the image to go to the full post!
September means Back to School around here. I decided to choose my Friday Favourites based on the term Teacher’s Pet. Enjoy!
Don’t forget! Sign up for an Ebates account* to get 1% cash back on all purchases on Etsy!
(Canadians can sign up on Ebates.ca*) *my referral links
- This apple scented beeswax candle from Beeswix Candles would make a good gift and get you on the Teacher’s Pet list for sure! 😉 Made of all natural beeswax in Ontario, Canada, they donate some of their proceeds to Ontario beekeepers.
- I love the scalloped edges of the ceramic Best Teacher brooch. Tenacious Bloom handmakes all different kinds of stamped brooches from their location in England.
- What a fun mailbox this would be to have (if you still get home delivery service!) Don’t want a school bus mailbox? The Bus Box makes other fun mailboxes too.
- Books and an apple, nothing says ‘school’ more than that! It can be printed as a note card or an art print to be framed for your wall, from Torn Paper Memories.
- Suzy Ultman has lots of cute art prints in her shop. I love this kitty cat with the apple, aptly titled Teacher’s Pet.
- The Bear Rug Coaster from Dandyrions is oh sew cute! Made of felt and comes with the tiny apple. Makes a great gift for drinkers of coffee or tea. 😉 I want one!
I shared my first version of this project, which was fall inspired, last year on FleeceFun.com and a second Canadian inspired version on Patchwork Posse this past June. I’m finally posting the Maple Leaf Mug Rug tutorial on my own blog here! I’m reposting the original here, if you want to make a Canadian flag inspired one see the link above to Patchwork Posse. Continue reading “Tutorial: Maple Leaf Mug Rug”
I’m a contributor over at Patchwork Posse and today my first project was posted!! So excited! I updated the maple leaf mug rug tutorial I originally shared at FleeceFun.com last fall to make a Canadian flag inspired one instead! Because, you know, not only is Canada Day coming up but there’s this whole Canadian Pattern designer blog tour happening….
Check out the post here. If you make any I’d love to see them!