It’s day two of the Back to School tour! I’m back, co-hosting another tour with Deb of Sprouting Jube Jube. If you’ve missed yesterday’s stops you can go check them out >>here<<. This time around there aren’t any giveaways but you will find some sales. More details below! Continue reading “Day 2 Back to School Tour”
Hey there! Did you think that I forgot to announce the prize winners for the Back to School Tour? Of course not. Life got slightly hectic so it took awhile before I was able to put this post together. Here is the recap of the Back to School tour. Check it out to see if you missed any stops along the way.
First off many thanks to all the bloggers and sponsors for taking part in our tour! We ♥ you lots!
Continue reading “Back to School Tour Recap”
It’s Day 2 of the Back to School Blog Tour!!
I can’t believe summer is nearly over. It went way too fast this year!
Call Ajaire * The Wholesome Mama * Sew and Tell Project * BLAVERRY * DIY Crush * Phat Quarters * Mahlica Designs * Handmade Boy * Kaleidothought * The Berry Bunch * Filles A Maman * Sprouting JubeJube * Sew Happily Ever After * Tales of a Tester * 5 out of 4 Patterns * The Crafting Fiend * Create 3.5 * Sew Sophie Lyn * Sweeter Than Cupcakes * Wining Wife * Paisley Roots * The Eli Monster * Cindy Parrett Blog * Sew Starly * Élégantine! * Gracious Threads * Lulu & Celeste * Sewing By Ti * Amazing Adventures with Bubba and Bug * Simple Life Pattern Co. Blog * Inspinration * Mama You Can Make it For Me * Moon Star
Day 2 means more bloggers and more giveaways!
Yup. BUT before we get to that, I have a back-to-school clothing checklist to share with you. I’m no graphic designer so it’s not super pretty with lots of colour and glitter.. (well, no digital glitter, you could always glue some glitter to it after printing it out). It’s basic black and white with enough space to check off the amount of pretty much anything you might need for a Fall and Winter clothing closet and some space to write in sewing pattern ideas.
Continue reading “Back to School Tour Day 2: Clothing checklist, giveaways and more!”
Just TWO more days! I truly am super excited about this tour (I’m also super excited about the next one we’re planning too). I LOVE back to school time. When I was a kid, as a university student, as non-student pre-kids even. I just love brand new school supplies, lol.
The other day I shared with you two sneak peeks and the prize details. Today, I have details on all the discounts being offered for the tour.
Continue reading “Back to School Tour: Discounts and more sneak peeks!”
September means Back to School around here. I decided to choose my Friday Favourites based on the term Teacher’s Pet. Enjoy!
Don’t forget! Sign up for an Ebates account* to get 1% cash back on all purchases on Etsy!
(Canadians can sign up on Ebates.ca*) *my referral links
- This apple scented beeswax candle from Beeswix Candles would make a good gift and get you on the Teacher’s Pet list for sure! 😉 Made of all natural beeswax in Ontario, Canada, they donate some of their proceeds to Ontario beekeepers.
- I love the scalloped edges of the ceramic Best Teacher brooch. Tenacious Bloom handmakes all different kinds of stamped brooches from their location in England.
- What a fun mailbox this would be to have (if you still get home delivery service!) Don’t want a school bus mailbox? The Bus Box makes other fun mailboxes too.
- Books and an apple, nothing says ‘school’ more than that! It can be printed as a note card or an art print to be framed for your wall, from Torn Paper Memories.
- Suzy Ultman has lots of cute art prints in her shop. I love this kitty cat with the apple, aptly titled Teacher’s Pet.
- The Bear Rug Coaster from Dandyrions is oh sew cute! Made of felt and comes with the tiny apple. Makes a great gift for drinkers of coffee or tea. 😉 I want one!
First off, I have to say that I kinda flopped on this project. Stuff happened and I wasn’t able to finish as many pieces as I hoped, plus I discovered a stash of clothing that she had received for her birthday in the winter that was too big for her at the time. So I realized that she didn’t need quite as many items made for her school wardrobe as I had originally thought. So, I pared it down quite a bit. (I do however, have a few more pieces in the process of being made for another tour later this month for her!) But I tried to make everything I made work with all the RTW birthday items I found hiding in her closet.
Click through to see what I made and to enter the giveaway!
Continue reading “Back to School Capsule Tour”