Today I’m sharing my holiday version of the Kenzie dress!
There’s a discount code so read on to the end!
The Kenzie dress is a cute dress from EYMM that offers two views (well, four really): a simple and flounce version in both skirt or dress. I tested the skirt flounce version way back a year ago and today I’m showcasing the simple dress.
The main features are the deep V back, the full skirt and the ruched waistband (which I kinda messed up boo, easy fix though since it’s not attached!).
The simple skirt version is fairly quick. From cut to finish (including cutting the pattern pieces for the bodice) it took me about 3 hours.
Modifications I made:
- As per usual I mashed sizes slightly to fit Silly Bean better. The Kenzie pattern includes finished measurements as well as a size chart which made it a little easier to decide which size to do. I cut the 2T width with a 4T length. It’s the perfect fit!
- I enclosed the skirt seam into the bodice by only attaching the skirt to the main bodice and then folding the lining’s raw edge under.
- I used metal snaps instead of buttons
I chose to do the sleeveless version since she’ll need to wear a cardigan with it anyway. It’s just early November but the temperatures have been hovering just above freezing for the past week. (Also, boo no more outdoor pics!)
- Two skirt styles: flounces or simple; dress or high-waisted skirt; sleeveless or cap sleeves
- Big size range, newborn to 18; available in two size groups or get the combo
- Includes 18″ doll version
- Pattern pieces are nested
- Cut chart included for simple skirt and waistband and sash, pattern pieces for the rest
- Size chart, finished measurement chart