Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. All affiliate links are marked with an asterisk.
Edited March 4, 2017: Please note that Allison of E+M Patterns has merged her shops and now sells all her patterns under Petitboo Patterns. You can find all the patterns under new names on Etsy* or Craftsy*. I’ve updated all links to redirect to the new shop but for the most part have kept the wording the same.
I ♥ E+M Patterns
Ok, just had to get that out before I started.
You can see my first test here for Girl’s Skirt Pattern No.5, and you can go here to see the Boy’s Shirt Pattern No.7 with my nephew as the model. (And I also tested the not-yet-released dress pattern she collaborated on with Deb from Sprouting JubeJube! Eek! More on that one soon!)
Keep reading to the end to enter the giveaway!
- Allison doesn’t release a pattern until she’s 100% happy with it. Case in point, this pattern originally started as a pattern for a woven top but it’s all the better for it now that it’s for knits.
- Allison really listens to her testers feedback. Some of the testers thought it could also be a dress pattern, and guess what? She gave the pattern a dress version! Woot!
- Her instructions for the seam finishes. If you follow all her seam finish suggestions your item will look pretty inside and out! Of course, you can finish your seams however you like.
- Her patterns are beginner friendly. Lots of detail but not too wordy and I learn something new each time! This time I learnt about stabilizing the shoulders (I used ribbon to stabilize my shoulder seams in this shirt as per suggestions. I’ve never seen that before!)
- She’s Canadian. LOL So that’s maybe not a good reason to choose her patterns but I like supporting my fellow Canadians when possible
- Sizes 2T to 10
- Made for stretch knits! (hmm… now I’m wondering if a dress version could work with a woven bottom, I’ll have to try it!)
- Options! Oh, the options!! Dress or shirt; straight or hi-low hem; flutter sleeves or sleeveless; A-line dress or banded dress; gathers, pleats or pintucks on the front; plain closure or tie closure.
- Awesomely cute keyhole feature!
- Great detailed instructions with clear photos for each step
- Pattern prints out on just 11 pages!
|And she likes it!|
Main: rayon jersey upcycled from a dress from Old Navy (the sailboats were upside down so it was cheap)
Binding: white cotton/lycra from Fabric.com
The pattern can be found on her on Etsy* or Craftsy.
Also, you should check out her Facebook page to find out about all the newest pattern releases, watch for pattern testing calls, see pics of what other people have sewn up with her patterns and just to follow all of her awesomeness.
And don’t forget to check out Sprouting Jube Jube‘s blog to find tutorials for extra hacks and ideas to change up some of E+M Patterns.
And guess what?! I’m giving away a copy of the Girl’s Shirt Pattern No. 7! Just enter through Rafflecopter widget below!