Hi! I have a little busy bag activity to share today. The Virtual Busy Bag swap is being hosted by Stephanie of Swoodson Says, and the idea of it is to have a busy bag activity that is a little more durable than the paper versions usually found.
So, I made a flower counting activity using felt. It’s a pretty quick project, but you can make it more involved if you like.
- Felt: 1 sheet of black for the background, scraps for the flower parts
- Mini canvas, mine is 7″x9″
- Large zip-loc type bag to hold everything
- The Numbers printout, that can be downloaded here: Numbers Sheet
- Optional: laminator
- To start off I made a felt board. You could sew the flower stem and leaves to it and make it a permanent background for the flowers but I like to use it for other activities (ideas: building snowmen, faces, etc) so I left those pieces unsewn. The felt pieces will “stick” to the felt background.Place some glue on the canvas, all around the edges and lay the sheet of felt black on top, then cut the excess off.
- Cut out a stem piece and leaves from green felt. I made the stem about 3/8″ x 5″.
- Draw a petal shape and pin to two layers of felt. Sew around the paper petal shape, then cut out around the stitching. Repeat for as many petals as you like.
- Print out the number sheets, and laminate if you want.
Some action shots (without the number templates though as she wanted to just make flowers when she saw what I had made):
Thanks for stopping by!
Check out what everyone else made:
Monday – Swoodson Says
Tuesday- Muse of the Morning
Wednesday – Hugs are Fun
Friday – Friends Stitched Together