I’m back with another wrap up post for the books I’ve read and purchased in the past month. I went a little crazy with the book purchases so I’m going to be a lot better this month. On the bright side, a few of them were purchased either second hand or from one of those overstock sellers so the books are super cheap, so money wise it wasn’t too bad. I haven’t purchased any fabric this year so far so the money I’ve saved there has gone into books.
My goal this month is to do a lot of decluttering so I will stop myself from buying more than 2 or 3 books. I’m hoping this summer to purchase a couple bookcases so I can finally unpack the rest of the books but I also need to declutter so that I have room for said bookcases.
I decided (like two days ago!) to create a new Instagram profile just for my book and tarot posts. You can find that new one here: luluandceleste.bookish. I was feeling they didn’t quite mesh with my art and photo posts (which didn’t mesh at all with my sewing posts). On the one hand I feel weird about having so many different profiles but on the other hand I’ve noticed a trend where everytime I would share a non-sewing related post on my main IG profile (luluandceleste) that I would lose lots of followers. I get it, sewing people just want to see sewing stuff. Ha, so I decided that I would just post book and tarot related stuff on one profile (they seem to flow together ok), and keep my art and photo challenge posts (luluceleste.artnstuff) on the second profile. They’re still all me, but I do go through phases where I’m really into art or really into photography or really into books, so I’m not feeling overwhelmed at multiple profiles. I’m just more wondering if people will think I’m crazy, lol.
Completely off topic: Does anyone watch Riverdale?? Who do you think is the Black Hood?!? And more importantly, Cheryl better be ok! Argh… I hate having to wait until next week!!
And now back to the wrap up!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. All affiliate links are marked with an *. All opinions are 100% my own though.
BOOKS ADDED IN April:
- Frog Music* by Emma Donoghue
- Three Wishes* by Liane Moriarty
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas* by John Boyne
- The Thing About Jellyfish* by Ali Benjamin
- Marrow Thieves* by Cherie Dimaline
- Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life* by Anne Lamott
- Le Scaphandre et le Papillon* by Jean-Dominique Bauby
- The Whispering Room* by Dean Koontz
- Murder on the Orient Express* by Agatha Christie
- The Woman in the Window* by A.J. Finn
- Anne of Green Gables* by L.M. Montgomery
- Love, Stargirl* by Jerry Spinelli
Clearly I went a little book crazy this month! On the bright side I haven’t bought any fabric this year, so there’s that.
- Little Fires Everywhere* by Celeste Ng
- American War* by Omar El Akkad
- Circle of Magic: Sandry’s Book* by Tamora Pierce
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette* by Maria Semple
- The White Book* by Han Kang
- The Tiger and the Acrobat* by Susanna Tamaro
- A Bone to Pick* by Charlaine Harris
Most of the books I read in April. Just missing a couple that needed to be returned to the library earlier in the month. ⠀ ⠀ Read in April:⠀ Where’d You Go Bernadette⠀ What Alice Forgot⠀ Crow Lake⠀ Little Fires Everywhere⠀ Wrinkle in Time⠀ American War⠀ Killing and Dying⠀ Sandry’s Book, Circle of Magic book 1⠀ ⠀ Total books read: 24/45 (I upped my goal for the year to 45 from 35).⠀ ⠀ #wrinkleintime #lianemoriarty #omarelakkad #mariasemple #wheredyougobernadette #whataliceforgot #killinganddying ⠀
BOOKS READ IN April:
(links to Goodreads)
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- Crow Lake by Mary Lawson
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
- Killing and Dying by Adrian Tomine
- American War by Omar El Akkad
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
- Circle of Magic: Sandry’s Book by Tamora Pierce
Total books read for Goodreads challenge: 25/45 …I upped my book goal (you can see my “Read in 2018” shelf on Goodreads here)