I had grand plans for this post! But as usual I thought way too long about it and ran out of time to actually create the outfit I wanted to make. Continue reading “Happy Birthday Barbie!”
So I absolutely positively LOVE working with felt. I also LOVE ornaments and little cute things.
So when I saw the cute Kawaii ornaments in the newest issue of One Thimble magazine (affiliate link), I couldn’t resist.
Unfortunately, I’ve been working tons and I’m never home when the light is good so my photos are horrible. But they really are super cute.
There are 8 designs: popsicle, ice cream cone, cupcake, watermelon, rainbow, planet, star and sun. Originally I was going to make the 4 non-food ones but couldn’t resist the ice cream cone and watermelon so plans changed.
I changed things up a little bit. The instructions recommend using brads for the eyes and cutting out felt mouths, but as you can see I decided to embroider the mouth and eyes on. I didn’t have any brads and no time to get to the craft store and decided I would just embroider the whole face. It takes a little bit longer but not much. I traced the shape of the eyes and the bottom edge of the mouth onto Sulky Water Soluble Stabilizer (affiliate link) and placed it on the top shape where I wanted the face. Then followed manufacturer’s
I forgot to get a picture of the back of the ice cream cone, but I turned that one into a hair clip. It’s actually clipped to the Christmas tree for the picture. I cut two little slits in the back piece of the cone and slid an alligator clip in. See the how to do it in my tutorial for a kitty cat hairclip here. Edited to add: The pattern has instructions for making hairclips as well but using a different method than what I did. I sewed up the medium size shapes and the smaller size would probably suit hairclips better, but for the cone it’s not bad. I wish I was able to get a picture of it worn as well, but unfortunately as I said earlier it’s dark when I get home from work so pictures don’t look great.
There are also instructions on sewing the felt shapes as bookmarks, pencil toppers, hairclips, or brooches too. My girls want a bunch of Kawaii shapes for hanging in their room but first I want to try out the pencil toppers. I think they’d be cute little gifts. Can’t use them as stocking stuffers because my daughters would know I sewed them but maybe for party gifts.
11/10 Pattern Revolution, Beri Bee Designs, The Sew and Tell Project, SewSophieLynn
11/11 Create 3.5, GAAFMACHINE
11/12 Tales of a Tester, Little Cumquat, Call Ajaire
11/13 Happy Okapi, Sunflower Seams, Stitches by Laura
11/14 Made by Sara, Candice Ayala, Filles a Maman
11/15 House of Estrela, Snickerdoodle Stew, Swoodson Says
11/16 The Lady and the Gents, Lulu & Celeste, Pear Berry Lane
11/17 Finn’s Door, Blue Wren Handmade, Once Upon a Sewing Machine, Just Add Fabric
I have to say I was super excited to be taking part in this tour. For real! Not only is this a re-branding tour for the newly re-named Twig + Tale (formerly Big Little patterns), but we later found out that fabric would be provided for by the amazing Art Gallery fabrics! I ♥ Art Gallery Fabrics! Unfortunately I don’t buy it often enough but when I do get my hands on some I just want to spend the whole day petting it. Continue reading “Twig + Tale Blog Tour”
I’m joining the Finish-A-Long for the last quarter of 2016! I had wanted to take part earlier but missed out on entering Q2 and then forgot to enter for Q3.
Here is my list of makes to complete:
- Sotnos top for Silly Bean.
- Grandpa cardigan (for me): fabric is picked and pattern printed.
- Cat costume for Silly Bean. Need to finish the cat tail and make some ears.
- Day Tripper top for me: Pieces are cut, just needs sewing.
- Convertible Clutch x4 for craft fair. Pattern printed and fabric picked!
- Lil Cutie Pouches x10 for craft fair. Fabric picked!
- Half Circle zippered pouch x10 for craft fair. Pattern printed, fabric picked!
- Gym bag for Silly Bean. It’s nearly complete.
- Knitting Project bags x10? for craft fair. Fabric picked.
- Knotty Bag x2 for craft fair. Pattern printed, fabric picked.
- Little Long Stocking doll pattern x2 (for girls for Christmas). Pattern printed, some fabric picked.
- Zierstoff SISSI skirt for Silly Bean. It’s nearly complete. I messed up on the construction and have to unpick, the skirt turned into a tube and not a skirt, haha.
- 10 sets of felt coasters for craft fair (like pic below). Felt and fabric for inner cotton circles is chosen.
- 20 key fobs for craft fair. Fabric is picked.