This year I set the goal of finally finishing up some of my UFO’s (and just simply getting rid of whatever was leftover that I just don’t like/want anymore). Some of the projects are ones that super close to finishing up, and others are in the earlier stages. The Finish-a-Long sign-up can be found here.
want need to clean out the craft room to make it more manageable, so one of tasks is to clear out the UFO pile and later destash some fabric and crafts supplies. Another, slightly related, goal is to work through my pattern stash. I’m planning to not buy any patterns this year. So far so good!
Anywho, here is the list of projects I plan to finish this first quarter. (Pics to come this weekend!)
- Mannequin Pincushion. I have the fabric cut and ready to sew! I’ve had this pincushion on my to-do list for years. It’s actually the oldest free PDF pattern that I own that I’ve never sewn.
- RetroMama Apple pincushion. As far as I can tell this the oldest (to-me) paid for PDF pattern that I own. I have the fabric pulled, and will be cutting tonight.
- Manhattan Zipper case by Emmaline Bags. The fabric is pulled and I’ve cut out half so far. I want to finish this project next week.
- Pepperberry dress by petitboo patterns. I’ve had the fabric pulled for this since the fall. It’s my oldest daughter’s 8th birthday next month so I hope to have it done on time!
- This shirt. I sewed it two years ago but never added the bottom hem. Not sure why, it’s super cute. I hope it still fits my youngest! Luckily I had sewn it a size up and my now 4-year-old is a bit small for her age.
- Skylark tee by Gracious Threads. I found half of the shirt. If I find the second half and the sleeves it will get done.
- These 5 or so coffee cup sleeves. They’ve been hanging around for a LONG time. Time to get them done.
I have more UFO’s but I think I’ll save them for next quarter. I have a few other projects that I want to do as well in the next couple months that I haven’t started yet and so aren’t listed here. I thought about making a super long list and just carry things over but sometimes those lists just overwhelm me and I don’t get things done.
I’ll also be linking this up in the Sew Your (Pattern) Stash Facebook group when it’s done.